Saturday, August 8, 2009

Obligatory First Blog Post

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have finally launched our family blog, officially joining the web world's way of sharing way too much information. I wanted to call it "The Soderblog" but that name was already taken. "Soderblogger" reminds me of a video game, and given our current location and the need to dodge traffic, it might be more appropriate than I had first envisioned. And let's be honest, of all the many derivations of Soderborg that I heard growing up, "Soderblogger" was never one of them.

If you came here looking for exciting YouTube videos showing amazing, death-defying stunts, or recipes for the world's most delicious dutch oven cobbler I'm afraid you might be sorely disappointed (although I actually do have a really good peach cobbler recipe that I might share, if my mom says it's okay). On the other hand, if you want to know what's going on in with this segment of the Soderborg family as viewed by the titular leader (everyone knows Mali's really in charge, she just lets me think I am) of this unruly mob, then, to paraphrase Brigham Young, "this is the right place, read on."

I will not guarantee any kind of regular updates, but check in every once in awhile and there could be something here that you might find of interest.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've joined the blogging community. I now get to read all about your adventures...laced with that crazy sense of humor. :) Love the blog title. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You HAVE to be a regular writer, okay? I find myself not funny or witty anymore. I need you to make me laugh. Can't wait to hear all about your wild new life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and it's about time!!! You guys are finally joining the social media scene. We need to be better about updating our blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!! So glad we will have a way to follow your adventures and stay connected! Way to go Brent. And yes - we know the truth - Mali runs the show, but we'll look forward to your take on things because you have such a clever sense of humor and you make us all laugh. That's a compliment. Still bummed I missed you guys during your UT stay. Maybe next time??? We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, have to agree with the other comments on the sense of humor deal! I still miss the George H.W. Bush impersonations from freshman year at BYU. We actually have a blog as well that is generally anywhere from 2-200 weeks behind our actual lives. Good luck with the move to Thailand. Btw, fun to talk when I was in Utah. We'll have to do that again sometime over the next 5 years although I wouldn't oppose reduing it to 2-3 years!! Take care. Alan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the blogging community! Can't wait to read about your adventures in Thailand!
    Can I get your peach cobler recipe? I just went peach picking this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to check and see if Mali included her cookbook/binder in the air freight, because that's where the recipe is. Otherwise I'll send it next month, when we get the rest of our stuff.

    ReplyDelete